Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Ends

I hope everyone has had a fantastic summer! I know I have enjoyed the time off but I am so looking forward to the upcoming school year! I've been setting up the classroom this week and making a few minor changes here and there to hopefully create a more exciting and organized room!

I really miss having a camera for blogging purposes so I think I am going to put it at the top of the 'To Buy' priority list since a birthday and Christmas are too far away! But I think I still have a few pictures from the camera I borrowed with some art work from the end of last school year. And there are probably some photos from some of my friends with my summer adventures I might share!

This year I would like to use the blog a little bit more, so hopefully I can spread awareness about its existence a little better. I have also been thinking about creating a facebook account strictly for school/education purposes and friending parents or students to help keep them in the know about what's happening in the art room! I also went to a technology workshop this summer so I am trying to incorporate a little more technology this year, firstly by adding a set of student computers to my room (big thank you to Mrs. Thomas for that!), and I am learning how to use twitter and create a classroom website that I might introduce this year.

Anywho, looking forward to another great year! And good luck to all my former 4th graders as they start middle school next week! Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment